TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submitting the registration application is a declaration of agreement to the following terms and conditions:
1. HOW TO APPLY
The Masterclasses will admit 6 young pianists under the age of 35, ready to perform solo-piano repertoire of at least 15 minutes and a piano concerto (please see the list below in chapter 5).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 20th 2023
Interested musicians are requested to fill and send the online application form, attaching the following documents:
– A link to a recent video recording. The video must contain at least 15 min. of music.
If the link is private, please share the password in the “additional information” section in the application form.
2. PROCESS OF SELECTION
– The board shall select max. 6 active participants and determine the order of the waiting list.
– Participants will be notified about positive/negative desicion by May 25th.
3. PARTICIPATION FEE
Participation fee is 1000€.
Information about accommodation and transport can be found in chapters 6 and 7.
4. CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
– In order to confirm their place among active participants, admitted candidates are required to pay 50% of the participation fee (500€) and to send a payment confirmation on firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st.
– The participation fee in full amount must be paid by June 15th as the latest.
The transfers should be made on the following account:
Recipient: Klaverimuusa OÜ
5. REPERTOIRE LIST
– The participants are free to choose their repertoire. However, it is advisable to consider both the solo-performance at the gala in Pärnu on 8th of July, as well as performances with orchestra on 10th and 11th of July.
– There is no renumeration for the performances.
The list of piano concertos to be chosen is as follows:
Mozart: KV 491, 467, 466, 453, 488
Chopin: 1, 2
Grieg: piano concerto
Schumann: piano concerto
Ravel: Piano concerto in G
*In each gala with orchestra, it is possible to perform either movement I or movements II+III per participant.
The organization offers accommodation options listed below. However, participants can also book their own accommodation, if they wish to do so.
In PÄRNU, the organization offers to participants a private house with garden. The house is situated 20 min. walking distance from the Pärnu Concert Hall, has all kitchen facilities and a grill outside.
In NARVA, accommodation is booked in shared double hotel room.
In JÕHVI, hotel rooms will be booked after the application deadline. Participants can choose to spend a night in Jõhvi or to return to Tallinn after the concert.
In Pärnu (6 nights):
Shared double room: 245€ / participant (2 rooms available)
Private room: 350€ / participant (2 rooms available)
The accommodation preferences will be considered on first-come-first-serve basis; participants wishing to stay in a private room are encouraged to apply ASAP in order to secure their preferred accommodation option.
In Narva (2 nights) in a shared hotel room: 40€
In Jõhvi (1 night): max. 30€, the exact amount to be confirmed after application deadline.
The accommodation fee must be paid upon arrival as the latest.
– The participants are responsible for organizing their transport toand from Estonia.
– The organization can assist organizing the bus transfers on routes Tallinn-Pärnu and Jõhvi-Tallinn, the expenses (max 30€) will be covered by the participant.
– The transport between Pärnu, Narva and Jõhvi will be organized and paid for by the festival.
8. PHOTOGRAPHING AND VIDEO RECORDING
– The organization is authorized to make photographs and audio/video recordings of the masterclass and the concerts to document the events and for future publicity purposes. No claims for reimbursement may arise from that.
– The participants can request the video and photo materials of their performances free of charge and use these without restrictions.
– The participants are responsible for their own travel and health insurance. Festival will not refund any travel or accomodation costs in case of cancellation on the participants behalf due to illness or any other reason.
– Participation and accommodation fee can be reimbursed if the cancellation takes place before June 15th and a substitute participant is found.
– In case of cancellation due to Force Majeure, the organizer will return the participation fee in full amount. The organizer will not refund any travel or accomodation costs made by the participant.